Dr. K.Y. TSE 謝嘉瑜醫生
Clinical Associate Professor
MBBS; MMedSc; PhD (HK); FRCOG; FHKCOG; FHKAM (O&G); Cert RCOG (Gyn Oncology)
|6/F, Professorial Block, Queen Mary Hospital|
- Gynaecological cancer biology, novel treatment in recurrent / advanced gynaecological malignancies
- Immunotherapy in cervical cancer
- Targeted therapy in ovarian cancer
- Kwok ST, Chan KKL, Tse KY, et al. Outcome after loop electrosurgical excision procedure for cervical high-grade squamous intraepithelial lesion. Taiwan J Obstet Gynecol. 2023;62(1):45-49. doi:10.1016/j.tjog.2022.10.004
- Luk, H.M.; Ngu, S.F.; Lau, L.S.K.; Tse, K.Y.; Chu, M.M.Y.; Kwok, S.T.; Ngan, H.Y.S.; Chan, K.K.L. Patient-Initiated Follow-Up in Ovarian Cancer. Curr. Oncol. 2023, 30, 3627-3636. https://doi.org/10.3390/curroncol30040276
- Chu MM, Cheung CS, Ngu SF, Tse KY, Ip PP, Cheung AN, Ngan HY, Chan KK. The Value of Four-Quadrant Cervical Biopsy in Women with Different Colposcopic Impressions. Diagnostics (Basel). 2023 Jul 16;13(14):2384. doi: 10.3390/diagnostics13142384. PMID: 37510128; PMCID: PMC10378482.
- Ngu S.F., Chai Y.K.V., Choi K.M.C., Leung T.W., Li J., Kwok S.T.G., Chu M.Y.M., Tse K.Y., Cheung V.Y.T., Ngan H.Y.S. and Chan K.K.L., Diagnostic Performance of Risk of Malignancy Algorithm (ROMA), Risk of Malignancy Index (RMI) and Expert Ultrasound Assessment in a Pelvic Mass Classified as Inconclusive by International Ovarian Tumour Analysis (IOTA) Simple Rules., Cancers (Basel). . 2022, 14(3), 810.
- Tse K.Y., Liu J., Lee S.J. and Tan D.S.P., Editorial: Harnessing DNA Damage Response in Gynecologic Malignancies, Frontiers in Oncology. 2022, 12.
- Chan K.K.L., Chai Y.K.V., Cheung V.Y.T., Choi K.M.C., Chu M.Y.M., Siu K.Y., Tse K.Y. and Ngan H.Y.S., Use of ultrasonographic rules and tumour marker HE4 level to predict malignancy of a pelvic mass: abridged secondary publication, Hong Kong Med J. 2022
- El Helali A., Kwok S.T.G. and Tse K.Y., Adjuvant and post-surgical treatment in non-epithelial ovarian cancer, Best Practice & Research Clinical Obstetrics & Gynaecology. 2021. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.bpobgyn.2021.06.001
- Tse K.Y., Domingo E.J., Konar H., Kumarasamy S., Pariyar J., Tjokroprawiro B.A., Ushijima K., Inthasorn P., Tan A.L. and Wilailak S., COVID‐19 and gynecological cancers: Asia and Oceania Federation of Obstetrics and Gynecology oncology committee opinion, Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology Research. 2021, 47, 1643-1650. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/jog.14579
- Tse K.Y., Wong R.W.C., Chao A., Ueng S.H., Yang L.Y., Cummings M., Smith D., Lai C.R., Lau H.Y., Yen M.S., Cheung A.N.Y., Leung C.K.L., Chan K.S., Chan A.N.H., Li W.H., Choi K.M.C., Pong W.M., Hui H.F., Yuk J.Y.W., Yao H., Yuen N.W.F., Obermair A., Lai C.H., Ip P.C.P. and Ngan H.Y.S., Development of a Multi-Institutional Prediction Model for Three-Year Survival Status in Patients with Uterine Leiomyosarcoma (AGOG11-022/QCGC1302 Study)
- Lok J., Tse K.Y., Lee E.Y.P., Wong R.W.C., Cheung I.S.Y., Chan A.N.H., Leung C.K.L., Cheung A.N.Y. and Ip P.C.P., Intraoperative Frozen Section Biopsy of Uterine Smooth Muscle Tumors, American Journal of Surgical Pathology. Wolters Kluwer Health, 2021, 45, 1179-1189. http://dx.doi.org/10.1097/PAS.0000000000001746
- Ngu S.F., Tse K.Y., Chu M.Y.M., Ngan H.Y.S. and Chan K.K.L., Olaparib dose re-escalation in ovarian cancer patients who experienced severe and/or uncommon adverse events: A case series., Asia Pac J Clin Oncol.. 2021, 17, 3-11. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/ajco.13584
- An H., Chiu K.W.H., Tse K.Y., Ngan H.Y.S., Khong P.L. and Lee E.Y.P., The value of contrast-enhanced CT in the detection of residual disease after neo-adjuvant chemotherapy in ovarian cancer, Acad Radiol. 2020 Jul;27(7):951-957. doi: 10.1016/j.acra.2019.09.019. Epub 2019 Oct 16.
- Chan K.K.L., Liu S., Wei N., Ngu S.F., Chu M.Y.M., Tse K.Y., Lau S.K., Cheung A.N.Y. and Ngan H.Y.S., Primary HPV testing with cytology versus cytology alone in cervical screening—A prospective randomized controlled trial with two rounds of screening in a Chinese population , International Journal of Cancer. 2020. http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/ijc.32861
Ip P.C.P., Wang S.Y., Wong G.W., Chow K.L., Lee H.Y.H., Cheung A.N.Y. and Tse K.Y., Napsin A, Hepatocyte Nuclear Factor-1-Beta (HNF-1β), Estrogen and Progesterone Receptors Expression in Arias-Stella Reaction, The American Journal of Surgical Pathology. 2019, 43, 325-333. http://dx.doi.org/10.1097/PAS.0000000000001212
WANG M., PERUCHO J.O.S.E., CHAN Q.U.E.E.N.I.E., SUN J.I.A.N.Q.I.N.G., Ip P.C.P., Tse K.Y. and Lee E.Y.P., Diffusion Kurtosis Imaging in the Assessment of Cervical Carcinoma, Academic Radiology. 2019. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.acra.2019.06.022
Chan K.K., Wong G.W., Wong E.S.Y., Chan K.K.L., Ip P.C.P., Tse K.Y. and Cheung A.N.Y., Impact of iASPP on chemoresistance through PLK1 and autophagy in ovarian clear cell carcinoma, International Journal of Cancer. 2018. http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/ijc.31535 (Publication No. : 285798)
Liu S., Chan K.K.L., Chu K.H., Wei N., Lau S.K., Ngu S.F., Chu M.Y.M., Tse K.Y., Ip P.C.P., Ng E.K.O., Cheung A.N.Y. and Ngan H.Y.S., Oncogenic microRNA signature for early diagnosis of cervical intraepithelial neoplasia and cancer, 2018. http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/1878-0261.12383(Publication No. : 294143)
Tang K.S., Yue P.Y.K., Ip P.C.P., Huang R.L., Lai H.C., Cheung A.N.Y., Tse K.Y., Ngan H.Y.S. and Wong A.S.T., Soluble E-cadherin promotes tumor angiogenesis and localizes to exosome surface, Nature Communications. 2018, 9: 2270. http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/s41467-018-04695-7 (Publication No. : 285801)
Tse K.Y., Chiu W.H.K., Chan K.K.L., Chu M.Y.M., Ngu S.F., Cheung A.N.Y., Ngan H.Y.S. and Ip P.C.P., A Case Series of Five Patients With Pure or Mixed Gestational Epithelioid Trophoblastic Tumors and a Literature Review on Mixed Tumors, American Journal of Clinical Pathology. 2018. http://dx.doi.org/10.1093/ajcp/aqy039 (Publication No. : 285802)
KL Chow, KY Tse, CL Cheung, KW Wong, ANY Cheung, RWC Wong, ANH Chan, NWF Yuen, HYS Ngan, PPC Ip. The mitosis-specific marker phosphohistone-H3 (PHH3) is an independent prognosticator in uterine smooth muscle tumors: an outcome-based study. Histopathology 2017; 70: 746 - 55
KY Tse, HYS Ngan, PC Lim. Robot-assisted gynaecological cancer surgery – complications and prevention. Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol 2017 Apr 23. pii: S1521-6934(17)30063-9. doi: 10.1016/j.bpobgyn.2017.04.005. [Epub ahead of print]
Ngu SF, Wei N, Kwan TT, Chu MM, Tse KY, Chan KK, Ngan HY. Impact of different educational interventions on psychosocial well-being of women with a positive high-risk human papillomavirus and normal cervical cytology: a randomised trial. J Psychosom Obstet Gynaecol. 2017 Apr 10:1-10.
SF Ngu, N Wei, TTC Kwan, MMY Chu, KY Tse, KKL Chan, HYS Ngan. Impact of different educational interventions on psychosocial wellbeing of Hong Kong Chinese women with a positive high-risk human papillomavirus and normal cervical cytology. Journal of Psychosomatic Obstetrics & Gynecology 2017: 10: 1 – 10.
VYT Cheung, KY Tse. Vulval hemangioma. Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology Canada. 2017 May 4. pii: S1701-2163(17)30074-9. doi: 10.1016/j.jogc.2017.02.004.
Chu MM, Tse KY, Chan KK, Cheung AN, Ngan HY. Placental site trophoblastic tumour – a distinct entity of gestational trophoblastic disease: experience from a tertiary referral center in Hong Kong. J Reprod Med. 2016 Aug;61(4):351-6
KY Tse. Prevention of cervical cancer – HPV vaccines. Hong Kong Medical Diary 2016; 21 (10): 11 – 5
KY Tse, SK Lau, MW Lui, PPC Ip, ANY Cheung, HYS Ngan. Patient compliance with cervical smear surveillance in a shared-care setting. Int J Gyn Obs 2016; 135: 177 - 81
KY Tse, VYT Cheung, C Lam, EYP Lee, PL Khong, HYS Ngan. Successful treatment of a para-renal pregnancy using high-dose methotrexate regimen. J Reprod Med 2016; 61: 592 – 94
Chu MM, Ma Y, Tse KY, Chan KK, Ngan HY. Cyclophosphamide, hydroxyurea, actinomycin D, methotrexate, and vincristine in the treatment of gestational trophoblastic neoplasia. International Journal of Gynecological Cancer 2015 Mar;25(3):498-503.
EY Lee, ES Hui, KK Chan, KY Tse, WK Kwong, TY Chang, Q Chan, PL Khong. The relationship between intravoxel incoherent motion diffusion-weighted MRI and dynamic contrast-enhanced MRI in tissue perfusion of cervical cancers. J Magn Reson Imaging. 2015; 42: 454 - 9
KY Tse, EPY Lee. Ovarian vein thrombosis in a patient with recurrent ovarian cancer. MIMS Oncology, Dec 2015
KY Tse, KKL Chan, KF Tam, HYS Ngan. Current management of gestational trophoblastic disease. Obstetrics, Gynaecology & Reproductive Medicine 2015; 25 (1): 12 – 21
Tse KY and Ngan HYS. The role of laparoscopy in staging of different gynaecological cancers. Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol 2015, S1521-6934 (15)00030-9.
KY Tse. Is it a time for universal human papillomavirus vaccination in young women? Hong Kong Medical Diary 2014; 19 (9): 13 – 6
KY Tse, PPC Ip, KKL Chan. Human papillomavirus and cervical cancer. J Paed Obs Gyn 2014; Sep / Oct: 213 – 20
Lee EY, Khong PL, Tse KY, Chan KK, Chu MM, Ngan HY. Differentiation of aggressive and indolent subtypes of uterine sarcoma using maximum standardized uptake value. Nucl Med Commun. 2013; 34(12):1185-9.
KY Tse, KKL Chan, KF Tam, HY Ngan. Update on gestastional trophoblastic disease. Obstetrics, Gynaecology & Reproductive Medicine 2012; 22: 7 – 15
Tse KY, Ngan HY. Gestational trophoblastic disease. Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol. 2012 Jun;26(3):357-70. [PubMed]
Tse KY, Crawford R, Ngan HY. Staging of uterine sarcomas. Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol. 2011 Dec;25(6):733-49.
PP Ip, KY Tse, KF Tam. Uterine smooth muscle tumors other than the ordinary leiomyomas and leiomyosarcomas: a review of selected variants with emphasis on recent advances and unusual morphology that may cause concern for malignancy. Adv Anat Pathol 2010; 17: 91 - 112
KY Tse, KKL Chan, KF Tam, Ngan HY. Gestational trophoblastic disease. Obstetrics, Gynaecology & Reproductive Medicine 2009; 19: 89 – 97
KY Tse, VW Liu, DW Chan, PM Chiu, KF Tam, KK Chan, XY Liao, Cheung AN, HY Ngan. Epigenetic alteration of the Metallothionein 1E gene in human endometrial carcinomas. Tumour Biol 2009; 30: 93 - 99
KK Chan, KF Tam, KY Tse, Ngan HY. The role of regular physical examination in the detection of ovarian cancer recurrence. Gynecol Oncol 2008; 110; 158 – 61
- Training and Research Assistance Scheme (Hospital Authority): The application of vaginal progesterone in prevention of preterm labour in twin pregnancy (13 Aug 05) (Principal investigator, PI)
- Training and Research Assistance Scheme (Hospital Authority): DNA methylation profiles in patients with endometrial cancer and endometrial hyperplasia (17 Mar 06) (PI)
- The Hong Kong Obstetrical and Gynaecological Trust Fund: The application of vaginal progesterone in prevention of preterm labour in twin pregnancy (13 Feb 07) (PI)
- Training and Research Assistance Scheme (Hospital Authority): Use of ATP cell viability assay in predicting response to chemotherapy in endometrial cancer (23 Oct 08) (PI)
- Training and Research Assistance Scheme (Hospital Authority): A multi-center retrospective study on the prognostic factors of uterine sarcoma – an AGOG and collaborator study (10 Nov 15) (PI)
- Health and Medical Research Fund (the Hong Kong SAR Government): The use of a new biomarker, HE4, in combination with simple ultrasound rules in the prediction of malignancy in a pelvic mass detected on ultrasound (Apr 18) (Co-investigator, Co-I)
- Health and Medical Research Fund (the Hong Kong SAR Government): Monitoring treatment response in advanced or recurrent ovarian cancer by PET-CT following neo-adjuvant chemotherapy (2019) (Co-investigator)
- SK Yee Medical Foundation: Free access to timely MRI evaluation in suspected cases of disease recurrence in female pelvic cancers (Co-applicant)
- Pfizer Global Medical Grant: Avelumab with axitinib in persistent or recurrent cervical cancer after platinum-based chemotherapy – a proof-of-concept study (ALARICE study) (NCT03826589) (UW 18-417) (PI) (2018)
- Zai Lab research grant: Niraparib maintenance in patients with advanced ovarian cancer at neoadjuvant setting – a phase 2, single-arm trial (NEOPRIMA trial) (NCT04284852) (UW 19-681) (PI) (2019)
- Health and Medical Research Fund (the Hong Kong SAR Government): Clinical performance of Human Papillomavirus (HPV) genotyping versus PAX1/SOX1 methylation as a triage for high-risk HPV positive women in cervical cancer screening in Hong Kong (Co-I) (2019)
- Professor P.C. Ho Research and Development Fund in Reproductive Medicine: Comparison of the multiples of the median of serum anti-Mullerian hormone levels in patients with gestational tropho-blastic neoplasia and molar pregnancy: a case-control study (Co-I, supervisor) (2020)
- Health and Medical Research Fund (the Hong Kong SAR Government): Therapeutic Potentials of Polo-like kinase 4 inhibitor in Leiomyosarcoma (Co-I) (2021)
- Health and Medical Research Fund (the Hong Kong SAR Government): Predictive value of CT texture analysis in indeterminate ovarian mass - a multi-centre validation study (Co-I) (2021)
- AstraZeneca Hong Kong Limited: Effects of PARP inhibitor on tumor microenvironment in high-risk endometrial cancer patients (PI) (NCT05320757) (UW 21-521) (2022)
- Multiple travel grants from the Hospital Authority, University of Hong Kong, pharmaceutical companies for attending workshops and conferences
|Oct 11 – Dec 18||Member of Colposcopy sub-committee, the Hong Kong College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology|
|Oct 16 – present||Scientific member of the University of Hong Kong / Hospital Authority Hong Kong West Cluster Institutional Review Board (HKU / HA HKW IRB)|
|Jan 17 – Dec 18||Treasurer, the Hong Kong Society of Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology|
|Jun 17 – May 21||Council member, the Obstetrical and Gynaecological Society of Hong Kong|
|Jan 18 – present||Member of Gynaecological Oncology sub-committee, the Hong Kong College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology|
|Jan 19 – present||Member of Public Relations and Information Resources Committee, the Hong Kong College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology|
|Jan 19 - present||Chairman of Colposcopy sub-committee, the Hong Kong College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology|
|Oct 19 – May 21||Junior board member, Asian Society for Gynecological Robotic Surgery|
|Jan 20 – May 22||Secretary, Gynaecological Oncology committee, Asia & Oceania Federation of Obstetrics & Gynaecology (AOFOG)|
|Jan 20 – present||Council member, Hong Kong Society of Robotic Surgery|
|Nov 20 – present||Chairman, Ethics Committee and Management Committee for Laboratory Animal, Clinical Skills Simulation Training Centre, HKU-SZH|
|Jan 21 – present||Vice president, Greater Bay Molecular Tumor Board in Gynecologic Oncology|
|Jan 21 – present||Board member, Asian Gynecologic Oncology Group (AGOG)|
|Jun 21 – present||Secretary, the Obstetrical and Gynaecological Society of Hong Kong|
|Jun 21 – present||Board member, Asian Society for Gynecological Robotic Surgery|
|Jul 21 - present||International mentor for HKU-SZH, International Gynecologic Cancer Society (IGCS global curriculum)|
|Jun 22 – present||Chairman, Gynaecological Oncology committee, Asia & Oceania Federation of Obstetrics & Gynaecology (AOFOG)|
|Jun 22 – present||Co-Chairman, Cervical Cancer Elimination Working Group, AOFOG|
Awards and Honors
|2009||Hong Kong West Cluster and Queen Mary Hospital Outstanding Teams Award 2009 for “Gynae-Oncology Team, QMH”|
|2010||Ho Hung Chiu scholarship for overseas training|
|2013||HA Corporate Scholarship Program for Doctors 2014/15 (Robotic Assisted Laparoscopic Surgery in Gynaecological Oncology)|
|2015||S S Ratnam - Young Gynaecologist Award (Asian and Oceania Federation of Obstetrics and Gynaecology)|
|2015||24th Asian and Oceanic Congress SSR – YGA Top 10 best paper award|
|2018||Hong Kong West Cluster and Queen Mary Hospital Outstanding Teams Award 2018 for “Gynae-Oncology Team, QMH”|