Dr. Rachel W.S. CHAN 陳華珊博士
BSc (Melbourne); PhD (Monash)
|L7-47, Laboratory block, Faculty of Medicine Building, The University of Hong Kong|
- Endometrial Stem Cells
- Women’s Health
- Abnormal Uterine Conditions
- Cao D., Chan R.W.S., Ng E.H.Y., Gemzell Danielsson E.K.M. and Yeung W.S.B., Correction: Single-cell RNA sequencing of cultured human endometrial CD140b+CD146+ perivascular cells highlights the importance of in vivo microenvironment, Stem Cell Research & Therapy. 2022, 13.
- ZHANG S., Chan R.W.S., Ng E.H.Y. and Yeung W.S.B., Hypoxia Regulates the Self-Renewal of Endometrial Mesenchymal Stromal/Stem-like Cells via Notch Signaling, International Journal of Molecular Sciences. 2022, 23, 4613.
- Liu Z, Zhai M, Zhang Q, Yang T, Wan Z, Li J, Liu X, Xu B, Du L, Chan RWS, Zhang L, Yeung WSB, Cheung KW, Chiu PCN, Wang WJ, Lee CL, Gao Y. Resolving the gene expression maps of human first-trimester chorionic villi with spatial transcriptome. Front Cell Dev Biol. 2022 Dec 6;10:1060298. doi: 10.3389/fcell.2022.1060298.
- Zhang S, Chan RWS, Ng EHY, Yeung WSB. The Role of Notch Signaling in Endometrial Mesenchymal Stromal/Stem-like cells Maintenance. Communications Biology. 2022.
- Li X, Kodithuwakku SP, Chan RWS, Yeung WSB, Yao Y, Ng EHY, Chiu PCN, Lee CL. Three-dimensional culture models of human endometrium for studying trophoblast-endometrium interaction during implantation. Reprod Biol Endocrinol. 2022 Aug 13;20(1):120.
- Cao D, Chan RWS, Ng EHY, Gemezell-Danielsson K, Yeung WSB. Single-cell RNA sequencing of cultured human endometrial CD140b+CD146+ perivascular cells highlight the importance of in vivo microenvironment. Stem Cell Research & Therapy, 2021, 12(1):306. 2021
- Cao MZ, Chan RWS, Cheng FHC, Li J, Li T, Pang RTK, Lee CL, Li RHW, Ng EHY, Chiu PCN, Yeung WSB. Myometrial cells stimulate self-renewal of endometrial mesenchymal stem-like cells through WNT5A/β-catenin signalling. Stem Cells. 2019. 37(1): 1455-66
- Xu S., Chan R.W.S., LI T., Ng E.H.Y. and Yeung W.S.B., Understanding the regulatory mechanisms of endometrial mesenchymal stem-like cells during menstruation., Stem Cell Research & Therapy . 2020, 11. http://dx.doi.org/10.1186/s13287-020-01750-3
- Cao M, Chan RWS, Cheng FHC, Xua S, Li J, Li T, Pang RTK, Lee CL, Li RHW, Ng EHY, Chiu PCN, Yeung WSB. Myometrial cells stimulate self-renewal of endometrial mesenchymal stem-like cells through WNT5A/β-catenin signaling. Stem cells. 2019. 37(11):1455–1466.
Chan RWS, Lee CL, Ng EH, Yeung WSB. Coculture with Macrophages enhanced the Clonogenic and Invasion Activity of Endometriotic Stromal Cells. Cell Proliferation. 2017;50:e12330.
Xu S., Chan R.W.S., Ng E.H.Y. and Yeung W.S.B., Spatial and temporal characterization of endometrial mesenchymal stem-like cells activity during the menstrual cycle, Experimental Cell Research. Elsevier Inc, 2017, 350(1): 184-189.
Cao M, Chan RW, Yeung WS. Label-retaining stromal cells in mouse endometrium awaken for expansion and repair after parturition. Stem Cells Dev. 2015 Mar 15;24(6):768-80. doi: 10.1089/scd.2014.0225. Epub 2014 Dec 22. [PubMed]
Xiang L., Chan RWS, Ng EHY and Yeung WSB. Slow-cycling mesenchymal stromal cells in human endometrium possess common hallmark somatic stem cell properties Stem Cell Research & Therapy. 2014, 5: 84.
Chan RW, Mak AS, Yeung WS, Lee KF, Cheung AN, Ngan HY, Wong AS. Human female reproductive tract epithelial cell culture. Methods Mol Biol. 2013;945:347-63. [PubMed]
Chan RWS, Kaitu'u-Lino T, Gargett CE. Role of Label-Retaining Cells in Estrogen-Induced Endometrial Regeneration. Reproductive Sciences. 2012, 19: 102-114.
Chan RW, Ng EH, Yeung WS. Identification of cells with colony-forming activity, self-renewal capacity, and multipotency in ovarian endometriosis. Am J Pathol. 2011 Jun;178(6):2832-44.14. [PubMed]
Lee CL, Chiu CN, Lam KW, Chan RWS, Chu IK, Koistinen R, Koistinen H, Seppala M, Lee KF, Yeung WSB. Glycodelin-A modulates cytokine production of peripheral blood natural killer cells. Fertil Steril 2010;94:769-71. (Publication No. : 177299)
Lee KF, Lee YL, Chan RWS, Cheong AWY, Ng EHY, Ho PC, Yeung WSB. Up-regulation of endocrine gland-derived vascular endothelial growth factor but not vascular endothelial growth factor in human ectopic endometriotic tissue, Fertility and Sterility. 2010;93:1052-1060. (Publication No. : 175168)
- Characterization of Stem/Progenitor Cells in Human Endometriosis. University Grants Committee of Hong Kong (UGC) Research Grants Council (RGC) Earmarked Grant for Research 2007-2008 (Co-Investigator) HK $944,700 (2009-2012).
- Understanding Human Endometrial Stem Cell Proliferative and Differentiation Potential. Seed Funding Programme for Basic Research, University of Hong Kong. (Co-Investigator) HK $100,000 (2007-2009).
- Mechanism of action of EG-VEGF on human uterine microvascular endothelial cell. Small Project Funding, University of Hong Kong (Principle Investigator) $68,840 (2007)
- Member of Hong Kong Society of Endocrinology, Metabolism & Reproductive Society (2011-present).
- Member of European Society of Human Reproduction & Embryology (2009-2012).
- Member of Centre of Reproductive, Growth and Development, Hong Kong (2007-present).
- Member of International Society for Stem Cell Research (2005-2009, 2013).
Awards and Honors
- 2006, 2004, 2003 – Top six finalists for New Investigator Award for Society of Reproductive Biology, Australia (for 3 different aspect of work).