Dr. Noel W.M. SHEK 石允文醫生
MBBS (HK); MRCOG; FHKCOG; FHKAM (O&G); Cert RCOG (Maternal and Fetal Med)
|Department of O & G, Queen Mary Hospital|
- General Obstetrics
- Maternal and Fetal Medicine
- Mok Y.K.S., Cheung K.W., Wang W., Li R.H.W., Shek W.M.N. and Ng E.H.Y., The effects of not having continuous companion support during labour on pregnancy and neonatal outcomes during the COVID-19 pandemic, Midwifery. 2022, 108, 103293.
- Lok Y.W.K., Fan S.L., Ko W.T., Kwok Y.Y., Wong J.Y.H., Fong D.Y.T., Shek W.M.N., Ngan H.Y.S. and Choi P.H., Validating the use of the revised childbirth experience questionnaire in Hong Kong, BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth. 2022, 22.
- Fan S.L., Choi P.H., Ko W.T., Kwok Y.Y., Wong J.Y.H., Fong D.Y.T., Shek W.M.N., Ngan H.Y.S., Li J., H Y.Y., O Y.Q. and Lok Y.W.K., Covid‐19 Related Fear And Depression Of Pregnant Women And New Mothers, Public Health Nursing. 2021. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/phn.13035
- Lok Y.W.K., Ko W.T., Fan S.L., Wong J.Y.H., Choi P.H., Shek W.M.N., Ngan H.Y.S., Tarrant A.M., Li J., Huang Y.Y., Ouyang Y.Q. and Fong D.Y.T., International survey on fear and childbirth experience in pregnancy and the postpartum period during the COVID-19 pandemic: study protocol, BMJ Open. 2021, 11, e050132. http://dx.doi.org/10.1136/bmjopen-2021-050132
Lau C.T., Kan S.Y.A., Shek N.W.M., Tam P.K.H. and Wong K.K.Y., Is congenital pulmonary airway malformation really a rare disease? Result of a prospective registry with universal antenatal screening program, Pediatric Surgery International. 2017, 33(1): 105-108.
Shek N.W.M., Clinical practice of caesarean section revisited: present and future, Hong Kong Medical Journal. 2017, 324-325.
Lai CWS, Shek NWM. Fetal Meconium Peritonitis and Maternal liver disease. Obstetrics and Gynecology 2016 Apr;127(4):740-3.
Lui MWE, Shek NWM, Li RHW, Chu SKF and Pun TC. Management of heterotopic cesarean scar pregnancy by repeated transvaginal ultrasonographic-guided aspiration with successful preservation of normal intrauterine pregnancy and complicated by arteriovenous malformation. European Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology and Reproductive Biology. 2014, 175: 209-210.
Shek NWM, Ngai CSW, Lee CP, Chan YC and Lao TTH. Lifestyle modifications in the development of diabetes mellitus and metabolic syndrome in Chinese women who had gestational diabetes mellitus: a randomized interventional trial. Archives of Gynecology and Obstetrics . 2014, 289: 319-327.
Cheung KW, Shek NW, Chan KH. An unusual cause of postpartum collapse: undiagnosed myasthenia gravis. J Obstet Gynaecol. 2013 Jul;33(5):528-9. [PubMed]
Cheung KW, Shek NW, Wong WH, Lee CP. Splenic rupture: first case of successful conservation after caesarean delivery and anticoagulation. Journal: Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology 2013. In press. (ID: 816664 DOI:10.3109/01443615.2013.816664)
Ko JK, Shek NW, Lee CP. Transient diabetes insipidus with severe maternal and fetal hypernatremia. Case Report in Perinatal Medicine 2013. In press.
Shek NW, Hillman SC, Kilby MD. Single-twin demise: Pregnancy outcome. Best Practice & Research Clinical Obstetrics & Gynaecology, accepted. [Journal]
Shek NW, Ngai CS, Lee CP, Chan JY, Lao TT. Lifestyle modifications in the development of diabetes mellitus and metabolic syndrome in Chinese women who had gestational diabetes mellitus: a randomized interventional trial. Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2013 Jul 30. [PubMed]
Shek NW, Tan TY, Ding CK, Chung BH, Lau ET, Tang MHY. Prenatal diagnosis of agenesis of the corpus callosum and cerebellar vermian hypoplasia associated with a microdeletion on chromosome 1p32. Case Report in Perinatal Medicine March 2013. In press.
Shek NW, Lao TT, Chan KK. Mode of anaesthesia on fetal acid-base status at caesarean section. J Perinat Med. 2012 Jul 14. [PubMed]
- Shek WMN, Choy MY, Lao TT. Tumour Necrosis Factor Alpha Induced Insulin Resistance in a Human First Trimester Trophoblast Cell Line. 27th Annual General Meeting of the American Society for Reproductive Immunology. 14th-16th May, 2007. Toronto, Canada. (Poster)
- Shek WN, Lao TT, Chan KK. Effect of Mode of Anaesthesia on Fetal Acid-Base Status at Caesarean Section. 13th World Congress on Controversies in Obstetrics, Gynecology and Infertility, Berlin, Germany. 4th-7th November, 2010. (Poster)
- Lau ET, Tang T, Chan SY, Ding CY, Hui PW, Shek N, Lee CP, Leung KY, Ma T, Tang MHY. Evaluation of aCGH for Prenatal Diagnosis
- Since 2008: Instructor of Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics (ALSO) course
- 2009: Gynaecological Laparoscopic Surgery (Advanced level) (The Hong Kong College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists)
- Dec 2011 to Nov 2012: Subspecialty trainee in Maternal Fetal Medicine (RCOG) in Birmingham Women's Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Since 2013: Subspecialist in Maternal Fetal Medicine, accredited by the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- Since 2013: Provider of Advanced Cardiac Life Support (American Heart Association)
Awards and Honors
- 2011 Ho Hung Chiu Medical Foundation for overseas training - Scholarship
- 2013 Outstanding team award in Hong Kong West Cluster, Hospital Authority