Dr. Kevin K.W. LAM 林嘉維博士
Deputy IVF Laboratory Director
BSc; PhD (HK)
|Rm 570, 5/F, Block K, Queen Mary Hospital|
- Lam MT, Lock CHY, Lam KKW, Li RHW, Yeung WSB, Ng EHY (2021). A prospective study of variations in conventional semen parameters among local andrology laboratories. Journal of Man’s Health. Vol.17,Issue 2,April 2021 pp.95-100
- Lam KKW, Wong JYY, Cheung TM, Li RHW, Ng EHY, Yeung WSB (2021). A retrospective analysis of artificial oocyte activation in patients with low or no fertilization in intracytoplasmic sperm injection cycles. Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology. Online ahead of print
- Ko JKY, Lam KKW, Cheng HHY, Lui MW, Yung SSF, Li RHW, Lau EYL, Ho PC, Yeung WSB, Ng EHY (2021). Fertility Preservation Programme in a Tertiary-Assisted Reproduction Unit in Hong Kong. Fertility & Reproduction. Vol. 03, No. 03, pp. 94-100.
- Leung ETY, Lee CL, Tian X, Lam KKW, Li RHY, Ng EHY, Yeung WSB, Chiu PCN (2021). Simulating nature in sperm selection for assisted reproduction. Nature Review Urology. Online ahead of print.
- Mei S, Chen P, Lee CL, Zhao W, Wang Y, Lam KKW, Ho PC, Yeung WSB, Fang C, Chiu PCN. The role of galectin-3 in spermatozoa-zona pellucida binding and its association with fertilization in vitro. Molecular Human Reproduction. 2019. 25(8):458-470.
Wong C.W., Lam K.W., Lee C.L., Yeung W.S.B., Zhao W.E., Ho P.C., Oue J.P. and Chiu C.N., The roles of protein disulphide isomerase family A, member 3 (ERp57) and surface thiol/disulphide exchange in human spermatozoa-zona pellucida binding, Human Reproduction. 2017, 32: 733-742.
Huang VW, Lee CL, Lee YL, Lam KK, Ko JK, Yeung WSB, Ho PC, Chiu PC. Sperm fucosyltransferase-5 mediates spermatozoa-oviductal epithelial cell interaction to protect human spermatozoa from oxidative damage. Molecular Human Reproduction 2015 Jun;21(6):516-26.
Lam KW, Li RHW, Ng EHY, Ho PC and Yeung WSB., Semen analysis - what a clinician should know. Journal of Paediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynaecology Singapore 2015, Jan: 37-44.
Chiu PC, Lam KK, Wong RC, Yeung WS. The identity of zona pellucida receptor on spermatozoa: an unresolved issue in developmental biology. Semin Cell Dev Biol. 2014, 30:86-95.
Lee CL, Lam MPY, Lam KKW, Leung CON, Pang RTK, Chu IK, Wan THL, Chai J, Yeung WSB, Chiu PCN. The identification of CD147 (Basigin) as a mediator of trophoblast functions. Hum Reprod 2013 Sep. [ Epub ahead of print] [PubMed]
Chiu CN, Lam KK, Lee CL, Huang VW, Wong BS, Zhao W, Li K, Ho PC, Yeung WSB. Adrenomedullin enhances the progressive motility and zona pellucida-binding capacity of spermatozoa from normozoospermic but not asthenozoospermic men. Molecular Reproduction and Development 2012;79(2): 76. [PubMed]
Lam KK, Pang RT, Lee CL, Koistinen H, Seppala M, Ho PC, Yeung WS, Chiu PC. Glycodelin-A modulates syncytialization of human BeWo choriocarcinoma cell line. Placenta. 2012 Sep;33(9):750-2 [PubMed]
Lee CL, Lam EY, Lam KK, Koistinen H, Seppälä M, Ng EH, Yeung WS, Chiu PC. Glycodelin-A stimulates interleukin-6 secretion by human monocytes and macrophages through L-selectin and the extracellular signal-regulated kinase pathway. J Biol Chem. 2012 Oct 26;287(44):36999-7009. [PubMed]
Lam KK, Chiu PC, Lee CL, Pang RT, Leung CO, Koistinen H, Seppala M, Ho PC, Yeung WS. Glycodelin-A protein interacts with Siglec-6 protein to suppress trophoblast invasiveness by down-regulating extracellular signal-regulated kinase (ERK)/c-Jun signaling pathway. J Biol Chem. 2011 Oct 28;286(43):37118-27. [PubMed]
Lee CL, Chiu PC, Lam KK, Siu SO, Chu IK, Koistinen R, Koistinen H, Seppälä M, Lee KF, Yeung WS. Differential actions of glycodelin-A on Th-1 and Th-2 cells: a paracrine mechanism that could produce the Th-2 dominant environment during pregnancy. Hum Reprod. 2011 Mar;26(3):517-26. [Medline]
Lee CL, Lam KK, Koistinen H, Seppala M, Kurpisz M, Fernandez N, Pang RT, Yeung WS, Chiu PC. Glycodelin-A as a paracrine regulator in early pregnancy. J Reprod Immunol. 2011 Jun;90(1):29-34.
Chiu CN, Liao S, Lam KW, Tang F, Ho JCM, Ho PC, O WS, Yao QY, Yeung WSB. Adrenomedullin regulates sperm motility and oviductal ciliary beat via cyclic adenosine 5'-monophosphate/protein kinase A and nitric oxide, Endocrinology. 2010;151:3336-3347. [PubMed]
Chiu PC, Wong BS, Lee CL, Lam KK, Chung MK, Lee KF, Koistinen R, Koistinen H, Gupta SK, Seppälä M, Yeung WS. Zona pellucida-induced acrosome reaction in human spermatozoa is potentiated by glycodelin-A via down-regulation of extracellular signal-regulated kinases and up-regulation of zona pellucida-induced calcium influx. Hum Reprod 2010;25:2721-33.
Lee CL, Chiu CN, Lam KW, Chan RWS, Chu IK, Koistinen R, Koistinen H, Seppala M, Lee KF, Yeung WSB. Glycodelin-A modulates cytokine production of peripheral blood natural killer cells. Fertil Steril 2010;94:769-71. (Publication No. : 177299)
Pang RTK, Leung ON, Ye T, Liu W, Chiu CN, Lam KW, Lee KF, Yeung WSB. MicroRNA-34a suppresses invasion through downregulation of Notch1 and Jagged1 in cervical carcinoma and choriocarcinoma cells, Carcinogenesis 2010;31:1037-1044. [PubMed]
Awards and Honors
- Best oral presentation award: Lam KKW, Chiu PCN, Lee CL, Chung MK, Lee KF, Yeung WSB, Ho PC (2008) Glycodelin-A suppresses human extravillous cytotrophoblast invasion through modulating matrix metalloproteinases activities. OR-03. The Hong Kong Society of Endocrinology, Metabolism and Reproduction Annual Scientific Meeting. 30 Nov 2008, Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR.