- Embryo-maternal interaction during implantation
- Endometrial receptivity
- Evaluation of implantation potential of human embryo
- Stem cell derived trophoblastic spheroid and blastoid for studying implantation failure
- Primordial germ cell and granulosa cell differentiation
- Developmental origin of adult disease
- Lee C.Y.L., Ruan H., Lee K.C., Fong S.W., YUE C., Chen C.H., Lee C.K.F., Lam M.T., Yeung W.S.B., Li R.H.W. and Ng E.H.Y., Attachment of trophoblastic spheroid onto endometrial epithelial cells predicts cumulative livebirth of women aged 35 or over, Fertility and Sterility. 2023.
- QIU Q., LI Y., Fong S.W., Lee K.C., Chen C.H., Ruan H., Lee C.K.F., Li R.H.W., Ng E.H.Y., Yeung W.S.B. and Lee C.Y.L., Endometrial stromal cells from women with repeated implantation failure display impaired invasion towards trophoblastic spheroids, Reproduction. 2023
- Lee YL, Chen ACH, Yeung WSB (2023). “Reproductive tract development and gametogenesis Chapter 9: Interaction of Sperm and Embryo with the Female Reproductive Tract, Human Reproductive and Prenatal Genetics, 2nd Edition, edited by Peter Leung and Jie Qiao. Elsevier. ISBN: 9780323913805.
- Tian S, Ruan H, Yeung WSB, Lee YL (2022) Blastocyst-like embryo surrogates from stem cells in implantation models. Reproductive and Developmental Medicine. 6(4):225-233.
- Huang W, Fong SW, Yeung WSB, Lee YL (2022) Human Trophectoderm Spheroid Derived from Human Embryonic Stem Cells. Methods Mol Biol. doi: 10.1007/7651_2021_460
- Liu W., Chen J., Yang C., Lee C.K.F., Lee C.Y.L., Chiu C.N., Zhang Y., Duan Y., Liu K. and Yeung W.S.B., Expression of microRNA let-7 in cleavage embryos modulates cell fate determination and formation of mouse blastocysts, Biology of Reproduction. 2022.
- CHEN X., FERNANDO T.S.R., Lee C.Y.L., Yeung W.S.B., Ng E.H.Y., Li R.H.W. and Lee C.K.F., High-Throughput In Vitro Screening Identified Nemadipine as a Novel Suppressor of Embryo Implantation, International Journal of Molecular Sciences. 2022, 23, 5073.
- Chen C.H., Peng Q., Fong S.W., Lee K.C., Yeung W.S.B. and Lee C.Y.L., DNA Damage Response and Cell Cycle Regulation in Pluripotent Stem Cells, Genes. 2021, 12, 1548. http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/genes12101548
- Fernando S.R., Lee C.L., Wong B.P.C., Cheng K.W., Lee C.Y.L., Chan M.C., Ng E.H.Y., Yeung W.S.B. and Lee C.K.F., Expression of membrane protein disulphide isomerase A1 (PDIA1) disrupt a reducing microenvironment in endometrial epithelium for embryo implantation, Experimental Cell Research. 2021, 405, 112665. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.yexcr.2021.112665
- Fernando SR, Kottawatta KSA, Jiang L, Chen X, Cheng KW, Wong BP, Ng EH, Yeung WS, Lee KF. Differential expression of protein disulfide isomerase (PDI) in regulating endometrial receptivity in humans. Reprod Biol. 2021 Jun;21(2):100498. doi: 10.1016/j.repbio.2021.100498. Epub 2021 Mar 4. PMID: 33677360.
- Fernando SR, Lee CL, Wong BP, Cheng KW, Lee YL, Chan MC, Ng EH, Yeung WS, Lee KF. Expression of membrane protein disulphide isomerase A1 (PDIA1) disrupt a reducing microenvironment in endometrial epithelium for embryo implantation. Exp Cell Res. 2021 Jun 8;405(2):112665. doi: 10.1016/j.yexcr.2021.112665. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 34111473.
- Ko JKY, Lam KKW, Cheng HHY, Lui MW, Yung SSF, Li RHW, Lau EYL, Ho PC, Yeung WSB, Ng EHY (2021). Fertility Preservation Programme in a Tertiary-Assisted Reproduction Unit in Hong Kong. Fertility & Reproduction. Vol. 03, No. 03, pp. 94-100.
- Chen C.H., HUANG W., Fong S.W., Chan C., Lee K.C., Yeung W.S.B. and Lee C.Y.L., Hyperglycemia Altered DNA Methylation Status and Impaired Pancreatic Differentiation from Embryonic Stem Cells, International Journal of Molecular Sciences. 2021, 22, 10729. http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/ijms221910729
- WANG Z., Kottawatta K.S.A., Kodithuwakku S.P., Fernando T.S., Lee C.Y.L., Ng E.H.Y., Yeung W.S.B. and Lee C.K.F., The fungicide Mancozeb reduces spheroid attachment onto endometrial epithelial cells through downregulation of estrogen receptor β and integrin β3 in Ishikawa cells, Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety. 2021, 208, 111606. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ecoenv.2020.111606
- Chen AC, Lee KF, Yeung WSB, Lee YL. Human embryonic stem cells as an in vitro model for studying developmental origins of type 2 diabetes. World J Stem Cells. 2020 Aug 26;12(8):761-775. doi: 10.4252/wjsc.v12.i8.761. PMID: 32952857; PMCID: PMC7477660.
- Fan H, Jiang L, Lee YL, Wong CKC, Ng EHY, Yeung WSB, Lee KF. Bisphenol compounds regulate decidualized stromal cells in modulating trophoblastic spheroid outgrowth and invasion in vitro†. Biol Reprod. 2020 Mar 13;102(3):693-704. doi: 10.1093/biolre/ioz212. PMID: 31742322.
- Kubi JA, Chen ACH, Fong SW, Lai KP, Wong CKC, Yeung WSB, Lee KF, Lee YL. Effects of 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin (TCDD) on the differentiation of embryonic stem cells towards pancreatic lineage and pancreatic beta cell function. Environ Int. 2019 Sep;130:104885. doi: 10.1016/j.envint.2019.05.079. Epub 2019 Jun 10. PMID: 31195220.
- Chen C.H., PENG Q., Fong S.W., Yeung W.S.B. and Lee C.Y.L., Sirt1 is regulated by miR-135a and involved in DNA damage repair during mouse cellular reprogramming, Aging. 2020. http://dx.doi.org/10.18632/aging.103090
Gao X, Nowak-Imialek M, Chen X, Chen D, Herrmann D, Ruan D, Chen ACH, Eckersley-Maslin MA, Ahmad S, Lee YL, Kobayashi T, Ryan D, Zhong J, Zhu J, Wu J, Lan G, Petkov S, Yang J, Antunes L, Campos LS, Fu B, Wang S, Yong Y, Wang X, Xue SG, Ge L, Liu Z, Huang Y, Nie T, Li P, Wu D, Pei D, Zhang Y, Lu L, Yang F, Kimber SJ, Reik W, Zou X, Shang Z, Lai L, Surani A, Tam PPL, Ahmed A, Yeung WSB, Teichmann SA, Niemann H, and Liu P (2019). Establishment of porcine and human expanded potential stem cells. Nature Cell Biology. 21(6): p. 687-699
- Chow JFC, Yeung WSB, Lee VCY, Lau EYL, Ng EHY. PGT-SR using NGS and haplotype analysis with microsatellite markers to distinguish normal from balanced Robertsonian ranslocation carrier embryo. Reproductive biomedicine online. 2019;38:e21-e2.
KUBI J.A., Chen C.H., Fong S.W., Lai K.P., Wong C.K.C., Yeung W.S.B., Lee C.K.F. and Lee C.Y.L., Effects of 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin (TCDD) on the differentiation of embryonic stem cells towards pancreatic lineage and pancreatic beta cell function, Environment International. 2019, 130, 104885. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.envint.2019.05.079
Lai K.P., Li J.W., Chan T.F., Chen C.H., Lee C.Y.L., Yeung W.S.B. and Wong C.K., Transcriptomic and methylomic analysis reveal the toxicological effect of 2,3,7,8-Tetrachlorodibenzodioxin on human embryonic stem cell. , Chemosphere. Elsevier Ltd, 2018, 206, 663-673. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.chemosphere.2018.05.058
Lai K.P., Li J.W., Chan T.F., Chen C.H., Lee C.Y.L., Yeung W.S.B. and Wong C.K., Transcriptomic and methylomic analysis reveal the toxicological effect of 2,3,7,8-Tetrachlorodibenzodioxin on human embryonic stem cell. , Chemosphere. Elsevier Ltd, 2018, 206: 663-673. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.chemosphere.2018.05.058 (Publication No. : 295250)
Peng Q./., YUE C., Chen C.H., Lee K.C., Fong S.W., Yeung W.S.B. and Lee C.Y.L., Connexin 43 is involved in early differentiation of human embryonic stem cells, Differentiation. 2018, 105, 33-44. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.diff.2018.12.003
Chen C.H., Lee C.Y.L., Fong S.W., Wong C.C.Y., Ng E.H.Y. and Yeung W.S.B., Hyperglycemia impedes definitive endoderm differentiation of human embryonic stem cells by modulating histone methylation patterns, Cell and Tissue Research. 2017, 2017 Jun;368(3):563-578.
Kwok C.T.D., LEUNG M.H., Qin J., QIN Y., Wang J.J., Lee C.Y.L. and Yao K.M., The Forkhead box transcription factor FOXM1 is required for the maintenance of cell proliferation and protection against oxidative stress in human embryonic stem cells, Stem Cell Research. 2016.
Huang VW, Lee CL, Lee YL, Lam KK, Ko JK, Yeung WSB, Ho PC, Chiu PC. Sperm fucosyltransferase-5 mediates spermatozoa-oviductal epithelial cell interaction to protect human spermatozoa from oxidative damage. Molecular Human Reproduction 2015 Jun;21(6):516-26.
Lee YL, Fong SW, Chen AC, Li T, Yue C, Lee CL, Ng EH, Yeung WS, Lee KF.Establishment of a novel human embryonic stem cell-derived trophoblastic spheroid implantation model. Hum Reprod. 2015 Sep 7. pii: dev223. [Epub ahead of print]
Chen AC, Lee YL, Hou DY, Fong SW, Peng Q, Pang RT, Chiu PC, Ho PC, Lee KF, Yeung WS. Study of transforming growth factor alpha for the maintenance of human embryonic stem cells. Cell Tissue Res. 2012 Nov;350(2):289-303. [Medline]
Chiu CN, Lam KK, Lee CL, Huang VW, Wong BS, Zhao W, Li K, Ho PC, Yeung WSB. Adrenomedullin enhances the progressive motility and zona pellucida-binding capacity of spermatozoa from normozoospermic but not asthenozoospermic men. Molecular Reproduction and Development 2012;79(2): 76. [PubMed]
Lee YL, Peng Q, Fong SW, Chen AC, Lee KF, Ng EH, Nagy A, Yeung WS. Sirtuin 1 facilitates generation of induced pluripotent stem cells from mouse embryonic fibroblasts through the miR-34a and p53 pathways. PLoS One. 2012;7(9):e45633. [Medline]
Lee KF, Lee YL, Chan RWS, Cheong AWY, Ng EHY, Ho PC, Yeung WSB. Up-regulation of endocrine gland-derived vascular endothelial growth factor but not vascular endothelial growth factor in human ectopic endometriotic tissue, Fertility and Sterility. 2010;93:1052-1060. (Publication No. : 175168)
Yeung WSB, Lee YL, Lee KF. Coculture and Assisted Reproduction, In: WL Ledger, SL Tan and AOS Bahathiq, The Fallopian tube in fertility and IVF practice. Cambridge University Press, 2010, 8-17. (Publication No. : 174169)
Lee YL, Liu Y, Ng PY, Lee KF, Au CL, Ng EH, Ho PC, Yeung WS. Aberrant expression of angiopoietins-1 and -2 and vascular endothelial growth factor-A in peri-implantation endometrium after gonadotrophin stimulation. Hum Reprod. 2008 Apr;23(4):894-903. [PubMed]
Lee YL, Lee KF, Xu JS, He QY, Chiu JF, Lee WM, Luk JM, Yeung WS. (2004) The embryotrophic activity of oviductal cell-derived complement C3b and iC3b, a novel function of complement protein in reproduction. J Biol Chem. 279, 12763-8.
- The role of human decidualized endometrial stromal cells invasion induced by trophoblastic spheroids for predicting pregnancy outcomes of in vitro fertilization. Health and Medical Research Fund (HMRF #10212996) 2023-2025 (Principal-Investigator) HK$1,109,000
- The functional roles of histone H3K9 demethylase Jmjd2 family in determination of trophoblast lineages. General Research Fund (GRF HKU 775510M) 2010-2013 (Co-Investigator) HK$ 1084600
- Role of Sirt1 in generation of mouse induced pluripotent stem cells. General Research Fund (GRF HKU 775711M) 2011-2015 (Co-Investigator) HK$ 1207500
- Human embryonic stem cell-derived trophoblastic cells for the development of a novel implantation model. General Research Fund (GRF 17111414) 2014-2017 (Co-Investigator) HK$1198800
- Human embryonic stem cell-derived trophoblastic spheroids (BAP-EB) as a predictive tool for endometrial receptivity and pregnancy rate of in vitro fertilization treatment. Grant For Fertility Innovation (GFI) 2018-2021 (Co-Investigator) Euro €296,735
- Prediction of the live birth rate of in vitro fertilization using a novel human embryonic stem cells derived trophoblastic spheroid implantation model. Health and Medical Research Fund (HMRF #04151546) 2017-2020 (Principal-Investigator) HK$1,007,129
- Toxicogenomics, Phenotypic and Functional Characterization of Pancreatic Cell Lineage in Dioxin-treated Human Stem Cells, a Proof-of-Principle Study on the Role of Endocrine-Disrupting Chemicals in Developmental Origins of Human Diseases. Inter-institutional Collaborative Research Scheme (ICRS, BU) 2018-2020 (Co-PI) HK$2,003,600
- The action of microRNA let-7 on blastocyst formation in mice. General Research Fund (GRF 17119117) 2018-2020 (Co-Investigator) HK$ 1,211,819
- The use of small molecules in modulating human endometrial receptivity and embryo implantation. General Research Fund (GRF #17120720), 2020-2024 (Co-Investigator) HKD 1,194,625
- Shenzhen Overseas High-level Talents Innovation and Entrepreneurship Special Fund [Shenzhen Science and Technology Program (KQTD20190929172749226)] by the Shenzhen Municipal Government. 2020-2025 (Co-Investigator) RMB 30,000,000
- InnoHK Centre for Translational Stem Cell Biology by The Innovation and Technology Commission (ITC). 2020-2025 (co-PI) HK$ 298,000,000
- Circulating small RNA-based diagnostics for differentiation of Candida species in candidemia. Health and Medical Research Fund (HMRF #22210432) 2023-2026 (Co-Investigator) HK$ 1,200,000
- The role of embryonic microRNAs in extracellular vesicles for enhancing in-vitro fertilization success rate. Health and Medical Research Fund (HMRF #10213106) 2023-2025 (Co-Investigator) HK$ 492,000